- Turn off Wilderness Parkway into the Wedgewood neighborhood.
- About a mile down Wedgewood turn left at the Waterford neighborhood.
- Drive down the hill until you reach the dam at Toad’s Pond.
- Park along the roadside just beyond the dam.
While you are hiking around the lakes you will notice that yellow stakes occasionally appear. These are the corners of the lots that border the lake.
Length: 1.2 miles
Difficulty: Easy – moving from the lower lake to the upper lake is a little steep.
Features: The Waterford Trail loops around two small lakes featuring nesting waterfowl on small islands in the lower lake. If you look closely, you can see bream, crappie and bass along the lake edges. In the Fall, the dam is covered with wild flowers.
- Enter the Big Canoe North Gate.
- Pass through the four-way stop onto Wilderness Pkwy.
- Take the first left onto Waterford Way.
- Watch for Toad’s Pond.
- Hiking trails start on right side of Toad’s Pond.